Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another Liebster Award (w/a twist)

A couple weeks ago I received an email from Ramona at Thread Time letting me know that she nominated me for the Liebster Award. You might remember that Kristina from The Nerdy Sewist also nominated me a few months ago. For her nomination I had to list 5 blogs with under 200 followers and include a little something nice about each one. Ramona's nomination puts a little spin on this concept.

Instead of 5 blogs, I have to come up with 11! This may seem easy especially if you have a Google Reader feed like mine. However, the under 200 followers rule makes it a bit challenging. But I do think it's a good rule since the point of this award is to give recognition to some of the more 'unknown' blogs that we like.

But wait, there's more... This time, I get to answer and ask questions. Such a fun way to get to know each other, don't you think? I'm including some random photos too, just to break things up a bit. Enjoy!

To participate:
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.


11 Questions From Ramona

1.  What’s your favorite book? or movie? Star Wars is my favorite movie. I know every word including the sound effects. My favorite book is a much harder question so I’m going to cheat and say my favorite genre is Sci-fi/fantasy and my favorite movement in literature was modernism.
2.  Cake or pie? Actually, I’m not really a fan of either. Now, if you had included cookies…
Sneak peek of the St. Patrick's Day wall hanging
3.  What sewing project was your all time favorite? That’s really hard to answer. Currently, it’s the St. Pat’s Day wall hanging I’m working on. I’ve put so much effort into it…
4.  Do you have a favorite fabric manufacturer?  (Moda, Free Spirit, etc) My favorite manufacturer is probably Daisy Janie. It’s some of the nicest fabric I’ve ever used and it’s all organic. You can go to Jan’s website and read all about it.
5.  Who is your favorite fabric designer? I can’t say I have a favorite per se; however, a good chunk of my stash includes Basic Grey and Kate Spain.
6.  Name a song that you never get sick of hearing. Ooh… that’s tough. I really can’t think of one. There are whole albums that I can still listen to over and over again, like Deloused at the Comatorium by The Mars Volta. That one never gets old!
Poulnabrone Dolmen, The Burren, County Clare
7.  Where is your favorite vacation spot? Ireland. I have been fortunate enough to visit twice. It’s absolutely beautiful and the people are just so great. Both times I wished I could stay longer or, better yet, live there! For an affordable vacation, I love to backpack (for at least a week).
8.  What brings you peace? Being creative or backpacking.
9.  What makes you laugh? I laugh a lot! But I have to say that watching videos of people falling/getting hurt really cracks me up. I know that sounds horrible but I’m constantly getting hurt and I laugh at myself too.
10.  Have you tried hand quilting, paper piecing, or embroidery? Nope. But I’d like to try paper piecing.  
11.  How many bees, guilds, or other sewing groups do you belong? I just joined our area’s new MQG which I’m really excited about. Other than that, I mostly join swap groups etc. on Flickr.

11 Random Things About Me

1. I can write with my toes. No joke.
2. I’m not a fan of guns but I love knives (and swords). I’m pretty sure that I carried a sword in a past life.
3. I’ve been writing a book for the past five years and one day I’d like to finish and own at least one bound copy.
AT sign from a Smokey's trip
4. My first creative passion will always be ceramics. My ‘plan’ was to get an MFA in ceramics and I was accepted to Rochester Institute of Technology. Unfortunately, my bank account didn’t like that idea…
5. It took me 10 years to get my Bachelors. My goal was to finish by the time I turned 30. I ended up double-majoring in English Lit and Fine Arts but made it with a month to spare!
6. I used to have my eyebrow pierced. It was painless, unlike my tattoo.
7. One day I hope to thru-hike the entire Appalachian Trail (GA-ME). 
8. If my hub and I didn’t have animals, we’d probably sell everything and wander around the woods for a bit and see where the trail takes us J
9. I’ve work in education (teacher, assistant etc) for almost 20 years. I’ve tried really hard to have a different career path but, in the end, teaching is where I always end up.
My happy face after seeing The Mars Volta in NYC
10. I love concerts. There is nothing better than experiencing music live. I especially love to be on the floor surrounded by all the energy. And no, I don’t care if people think I’m too old to be there! There’s no such thing as ‘too old’!
11. And since I couldn't think of #11 on my own, this one comes courtesy of my husband: I make up songs and sing to the animals instead of just talking. So if I want to say, ‘You’re a bad boy and I want to beat your kitty/puppy butt,’ I will make up a song about it. Hub finds that strange but I think it’s quite unremarkable J

11 Questions For You
1. What was your first concert?
2. If you were given the chance to study or learn from anyone, alive or dead, whom would you choose?
3. What was the first thing (any medium) you ever made and how old were you? Coloring etc. doesn't count - I mean the first real thing that took big girl skills or concentration.
4. If you suddenly acquired a super power, which one would you want?
5. What brand sewing machine do you use and/or prefer?
6. What is your favorite or can’t-live-without sewing notion?
7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
8. Do you have a dream project that you’d like to make?
9. If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
10. Are you a perfectionist when you sew/ create something or are you able to let some things go as a 'learning experience'?

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this even though I already know most of that stuff about you ;) Congratulations, my friend!

    ReplyDelete