Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frustration is Afoot... GRRRRR!

Okay, I admit it, I'm totally unorganized. I have notes scribbled in notebooks, on receipts, written on my hand... at least I write stuff down - it used to just float around in my head. For the most part, this has been an effective system for me. I usually keep all the pieces together and just look through the piles when I need something. I do not work from normal patterns; I just figure things out as I go, then write down various measurements. Again, it works or at least it did until I decided to do the craft show. Now I realize that random pattern notes shoved into every nook and cranny of my room DOES NOT make mass production efficient!!! Let me say that again - MY SYSTEM HAS TOTALLY BACKFIRED!!! I have FIVE days to finish my projects (really, 4 1/2) and here is the current score:

ME:
Card Keepers: 16
Purses: 0
Wallets: 0
Go-Girl Pouches: 0

Gods of Disorganization and Mistakes:
Card Keepers: 1
Purses: 3
Wallets: 0
Go-Girl Pouches: 2

I have 16 completed items. I suppose I should be satisfied BUT look at that other tally - 6! That means that I am 0 for 3 purses and 0 for 2 pouches. This is totally unacceptable when I have made the purses enough times to be able to duplicate the product. The pouches have been in the experimental stage so we'll call that a draw... I suppose.

-------------
10 deep breaths later and some sanity...

I have decided to see this fiasco as a teachable moment. From this point on, I am going to write EVERYTHING down in a notebook - a notebook dedicated to my sewing projects and nothing else. And I will make at least one purse and one wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment