Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Friday

I wish I had projects to share but I am a big slacker and haven't taken any photos. I also didn't want to give a way any surprises. What surprises? Well...

I am participating in a fundraiser auction for my nephew's elementary school, so this week I've made a Jewelry roll and tote. I'm also including gift certificates for Silpada and a jewelry polishing cloth. I had a lot of fun putting together the 'baskets' and I hope people will be interested in bidding for such a good cause. In addition, I also finished up a b-day present (which is the surprise I cannot disclose) for my friend, and mommy to said nephew.

Let's see, what else did I do this week... Oh yeah, I made candles! I made Vanilla, Lavender-Cucumber-Sage, Honeysuckle Jasmine, Odor-Eater (I have 2 dogs and 2 cats - cleaning only gets me so far, especially during a rainy week. Plus, it smells soooo good!) and Driftwood.

I also began working on my swap project - see below for details

And before you go thinking that I am super-awesome-productive, I must confess that this was all because I am visiting friends and family back home. Actually, I am writing to you this very second from cold and sunny South Jersey! It's always nice to come home but it's extremely hectic trying to meet up with everyone. Now you know why this post is all over the place :)

Two more things:

The Swap: I am participating in the It's My World, Handmade Swap. I'm very excited as this is my first experience doing something like this. I have already picked out the fabrics I'll be using to make my partner's tote! I will definitely take photos of all the goods!

And last, but not least, it's FRIDAY FUNNIES!

Death Star PR takes honors this week
I am most impressed with the creativity of this site. Okay, I admit, it may have something to do with the Star Wars theme but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of effort went into this blog. What a brilliant idea to form a public relations department for the Empire - let's face it, with Darth Vader and Palpatine as the Empire's leading men, they need all the help they can get.

The force is strong with this one - go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment