Upcycling Jeans: Making A New Skirt (the real title)
|You know better, Murphy Pup! You bad boy!|
1. RANSACK CLOSET-
* Curse at all the clothes that don't fit and decide to go on a diet.
* Ignore the bad dog on the bed. You have bigger fish to fry (and he's really too cute to move)!
|Momo Odyssea Fabric for Moda|
(been hoarding these suckers for 2 years)
* That's right, dig into that stash of 'Specials'. You won't mess up- you're invincible :)
*Note to self: Shut up!
3. Take a deep breath... (or maybe a shot of something strong)
* Cut the inseams up to the crotch
-DO NOT wear jeans while attempting this
* Decide how long you want the skirt then cut off the legs.
* Cut the sides if you think you need to add a few inches.
- Curse, take a shot, then decide,
once again, to go on a diet
(NOTE: I believe this is where I may have screwed up...)
5. Get Creative!
* At this point you are way out of your league
- Meh, (Expletive) it, cut up your 'Specials' and start sewing anyway.
6. After sewing, step back and admire your work.
7. Acknowledge that your creativity may have gotten a little out of hand and that you just cut up your 'Special' for nothing.
* Admit that you'd rather scrap the fabric than look like a clown!
*sigh* Where's the damn seam ripper?!
8. Spend the next hour ripping seams and attempting to 'fix' mistakes.
like play a video game or something.
Do or do not! There is no try! - Yoda
EDIT: Just for the record, no alcohol was consumed while attempting this project. Taking a shot here and there was merely a suggestion. Besides, I prefer to drink at night ;)