Friday, February 10, 2012

Welcome 2012


 As usual, I have neglected the blog.
Let's face it, I'm not exactly good at posting on a regular basis but that's the way it is. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say.

Today, I'm sharing some of the gifts I made for the holidays (yes, I know it's February!). My goal was to get as close to 100% handmade as possible. Not every present had to be handmade by me, but had to support the craft community. In the end I'd say I hit 80-90 percent. I guess that's not too bad considering I had to buy for my husband. It's not easy buying handmade for a cop!

But before I show the goods, check out the best Christmas tree in the galaxy...
Yes, that is a Star Wars tree. I have been collecting the Hallmark Star Wars ornaments since 1998 (maybe '96 - I can't remember). I've wanted to do this for years and finally went for it. Really, I didn't want to take it down!


I made a lot of mug rugs this year. Not only are they fun to make, but not many people know about them so they make a unique gift. The octagons were based on the Ananas Pillow tutorial from Leila Beasley in Issue 7 of Fat Quarterly (Love this e-zine - so worth the subscription!!).



 





These were 2 blocks left over from this project.
The link will take you to Sarah Fielke's site. While
you're there, check out her work!!

I also made a tea cozy for my mother-in-law. I was quite pleased, since it was the first time I ever made one.



  Of course no holiday would be complete without quilts. This year I made three.


This lap quilt and pillow (kitten not included) was for my cousin's son, Wyatt. I added a Maisy book too. While we played games Christmas night, Wyatt cuddled up under his quilt to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Mission Accomplished :-)



Original design by Heirloom Creations


This quilt was a combination house warming/ Christmas gift. I followed the Jelly Roll Race quilt pattern from 1 Choice 4 Quilting. I used Hometown by Sweetwater because I thought the color palette would be perfect for our friends' living room. My favorite part about this quilt is the movement even though the design was so random.

I made another quilt using this pattern. I don't have a photos of it yet because my husband refuses to give it up!



~Beth

2 comments: