Friday, June 7, 2013

On The Design Wall... or The Slacker Post

So Mother's Day came. And went. And while I actually made quite a few gifts, I failed to take photos. And because I didn't take any pictures, I didn't blog. What's the point of a blog post without pics? Anyway, all I can tell you is that they turned out pretty cute. My favorites, though, were the fabric boxes. If you search Google, you'll find a ton of tutorials. Here's one that is really easy to follow! I'm planning to make some more - nesting boxes, specifically.

Onto the wall

On the design wall... way behind schedule, but I think it will be worth it. At least I hope so!
So this chick I know (that never reads my blog) is having a kid. She's also having a baby shower - TOMORROW! See that strip of fabric? That's her present. A strip of fabric stuck to a design board.

I'm considering wrapping my sketch and giving that to her. You know, just so she can see that I'm actually in the process of making her the best gift she will ever receive in her lifetime. I mean, I even did MATH for her!

Or maybe I should just go with some fabric boxes. Maybe I'll even take a picture of them...





On a serious note:
A dear friend from high school has just been signed into hospice care and could really use prayers/positive thoughts/etc. She's a wonderful person and I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for her, her husband and little girl. So, if you're reading this, maybe you could send a little love her way. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment