Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Project Boob Vest (PBV)

I call this one 'Flava' because of
the time piece on the right
I’m not sure where to begin. I was planning on mentioning Talkin’Tuesdays because I’ve had a blast joining in and experiencing such a fun community. But somehow, ‘Totally Lovin’ Talkin’ Tuesday’ turned into, ‘Project Boob Vest.’ Blame it on Twitter crashing. Blame it on me. I blame it on the extra glass of wine being a newb and not being able to keep up with the convo. The name, though, should definitely be blamed on @jmmaxman :)

Anyway, the topic of quilted vests came up and how, er... sexy they are. Several of us suggested that making one would be a good idea. Many thoughts were shared - think sparkly, glitter cats with beads...


At some point, there was talk of bobbins (I think) and bobbins became boobies and of course boob vests made sense...

This prompted talk of making and wearing these delightful items in public and of creating a swap (because there is nothing better than a swap!).


'The Twins'
This got me thinking. There's a lot of talk about general scrappiness and scrap vomit projects (will add that link because I'm not sure where 'scrap vomit' originated). So why not scrap out a sexy new vest? C'mon, you know you want to.

In my ‘research’ I decided to look up the various slang words for boobies and, surprisingly, my search results were relatively PG. I did come across a fairly comprehensive list from this poll

This was extremely helpful because it gave me an idea; assuming everyone still wants to do a swap, that is. If not, this is your Christmas gifts project. I think we should have vest themes. Here’s your chance to push creativity (and taste) to the limit. I know EVERYONE has fabric that would fit into these slang categories:

Humps
Fun Bags
Lemons
Melons
Hooters
'K-12'

Speed Bumps (REALLY?!)
Juggs
Bazongas
Knockers
Mosquito Bites
Bazookas
Ta Tas
Puppies  (ws_on_etsy can change this to kitties)
Twins
Girls
Knobs
Milk wagons
Coconuts
Globes

I can't help but crack up when I envision vest interpretations of boob slang... fun bags - LOL
Oh, the places we could go with this!
 
So there you have it. They said they'd come if I blogged it so consider it blogged. It would be great if you left a comment so I know you stopped by (and hopefully got a laugh). Oh, and feel free to add your design ideas! And I suppose if you really want a swap, leave a comment that you want to do it and if there are enough brave souls, then I'll put one together.

'Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself'
 
Remember, A Jedi's strength flows from the Force - Yoda
 
~Beth

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart. I'm in. Laughing all the way. @jmmaxman and her boobie ideas... oh wait! That's me! Hahahahahaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I'm in! Glittery lactating cats, and maybe a labia or two. These will be the sexiest quilted vests ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! You are some crazy ladies:) but if those two are doing it I have to as well (I can't let them have all the fun)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you did say if I blogged it, you would come... Alright then, I'll figure out a timeline and stuff. In the meantime, let's try to cooerce some more people to get involved. Men are welcome, they'll just get the mosquito bites :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a laugh! Maybe we could redesign them in some way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think this should be a future project :)

    ReplyDelete