Monday, November 28, 2011

Tis The Season (to work like an elf)

Well, it's officially the holiday season. WooHoo. That was only a tad sarcastic :) Really, I love this time of year but I always seem to run around like a crazy woman trying to finish up my gifts. I think I had a tally last year. So what's this year's status? Let's just say that I'm looking into a coffee IV for all the future late nights! However, I do have one thing I can share: My new Tree Pants!

In the past, our tree skirts were anything from a $10 Walmart special to an old blanket. This year I was determined to make one but I wasn't looking forward to sewing the circular pattern. I know, how hard could it be? But if you saw my list of presents I STILL have to make, you'd understand why I wanted to avoid a new endeavor, especially one that could prove frustrating.

Thanks to some recommendations, I ended up making the Tree Pants pattern from Happy Zombie. Check out her site- there's a lot of cool stuff!


Ta daaaaa....

I used Holiday Magic by Studio E (which I purchased last year).


















This is the back view. I love the way the red thread looks against the black. I also like how the stars look not quilted. I know when I wash it, that could be a problem with such a large space not quilted, but I just couldn't bring myself to touch them.


So that's about all I'll be making myself. How about you, are you making anything special this season?








You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. -Han Solo


~Beth

3 comments:

  1. I am ignoring the drastic tone...LOVE your pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the tree pants!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, now Christmas Spice, we can't all be as festive as you :) And thanks, ladies, for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete