Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday's Musical Muse

I'd love to make this a weekly event, or at least monthly. However, the reality is that I know I will forget, especially this time of year when I'm sewing for the upcoming holidays (including Halloween!).

That's the thing about blogging - as much as I want to be consistent with posting, if I have to choose between sewing or writing a post, sewing will win every time. And I think that's the way it should be since that is where my creativity blooms. 

Anyway, the Monday Musical Muse...

If you follow me on Twitter, then you've probably seen me Tweet about Amazon's music deals. They are, by far, the best when it comes to downloading music. They have an extensive selection that also includes a lot of FREE music - and it's good stuff! Then, every month, they offer '100 Albums for $5 Each'. Some of the ones that stand out (for my taste) are Muse, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Prince, A Perfect Circle and so many more. And don't worry, they have options from all genres! 

Why did I just tell you that? Because each month, I look through the $5 selections and try to pick out something that I'm pretty sure I'd like but don't want to pay a lot for, 'just in case'. That's exactly what I did with this week's muse. I knew I liked The Black Keys but I only knew a few songs so when I saw Brothers was only 5 bucks, I grabbed it, and I'm glad I did! 

They have a blues/garage/60's/hipster mod sound. Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either but that's what I hear when I'm listening (almost daily). For me, it's quickly becoming one of those cd's to play in the background while I focus on making and designing. 

Here's a sample. 
Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment